Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
• NO HOMESALE SHALL BE CONDUCTED BY THE SAME RESIDENT (OR OTHER PERSONS) ON THE PREMISES OF SUCH RESIDENT MORE THAN THREE (3) TIMES EACH CALENDAR YEAR FOR A PERIOD NOT TO EXCEED THREE (3) CONSECUTIVE DAYS IN ANY ONE CALENDAR WEEK.
• NO PERSON SHALL CONDUCT A HOMESALE EXCEPT BETWEEN THE HOURS OF 9 AM THROUGH 6 PM.
• AFTER THE EXPIRATION OF EACH DAY OF THE SALE, ALL MERCHANDISE OFFERED FOR SALE SHALL BE PLACED INSIDE THE PREMISES AND NOT WITHIN THE VIEW OF THE GENERAL PUBLIC.
• SIGNS ADVERTISING HOMESALES SHALL BE PERMITTED AS REGULATED BY THE CITY OF BROOKLYN:
From 1129.03 – Sign Regulations:
B. Signs shall be placed only with the knowledge and consent of the property owner where the signs are to be placed; and no signs will be displayed on any public property, roadway, dedicated right-of-way (tree lawns), vacant lot, tree, utility pole, fence, traffic sign or other similar location. (Ord. 2006-64. Passed 12-1-06.)
(4) “Garage” sale signs. Residents posting signs in conjunction with a "garage" sale (which term shall include yard sale, porch sale, house sale, toy sale or similar terms) in a house, garage or yard may post a maximum of three signs which shall not be displayed more than two days in advance of the sale. All signs must be removed on the last day of the sale. No sign permit or fee shall be required. The City of Brooklyn is not responsible for lost and/or missing signs.
SIGNS SHALL BE SELF-STANDING, NOT ATTACHED TO TREES, UTILITY POLES OR TRAFFIC SIGNS.
NO ITEMS SHALL BE DISPLAYED FOR SALE IN THE FRONT YARD AREA.
By checking the "I agree" box below, you agree and acknowledge that 1) your application will not be signed in the sense of a traditional paper document, 2) by signing in this alternate manner, you authorize your electronic signature to be valid and binding upon you to the same force and effect as a handwritten signature, and 3) you may still be required to provide a traditional signature at a later dat, and 4) you understand the regulations listed above.
This field is not part of the form submission.
* indicates a required field